CylancePROTECT stops malware and viruses before they cause harm.
Why pick CylancePROTECT over other anti-virus solutions?
A “slow down” from the initial scan put a bit of load on the system, but once we passed that Cylance was very light on the endpoint. And no downtime for us means more design work gets done.
—Blake, Boulder, CO
Don’t be confused by all the industry back and forth trying to sell you their cybersolution. Cylance PROTECT is the real deal. It does exactly what it says it does and it sets up in minutes. You will wonder why you didn’t go there sooner. – Maria, IT – Concord, Mass
After the initial scan was complete, it was easy to see…Cylance protect paid for itself by catching and stopping 100% of malware on our systems. – Karl, Winter Haven, FL
Cylance Protect’s focus on preventing malware from executing makes it more simple, lightweight, and effective than any other solution that I’ve seen.
—Jack, MPLS, MN
Cylance is the world’s most advanced anti cyber attack solution. It is designed to be simple, highly effective and ‘silent’ so that you are protected whether online or offline without having to constantly download protection files or scan the computer.
As an artificial intelligent agent, the software inspects every file and bit of code to determine whether it is ‘safe’ or a ‘threat’ before it can cause harm. CylancePROTECT essentially examines the ‘DNA’ of code and highly accurately identifies the indicators that will be malicious in nature.
For individuals users, this gives you confidence your files and sensitive data are not being stolen or damaged.
For IT administrators, this ensures confidence that your users are protected and productive, regardless of device, location or computer competency while giving you back your nights and weekends.
Technically, CylancePROTECT provides significant advantages over traditional anti-virus solutions:
• Small footprint – it does not spider throughout the machine and attempt to hook the various applications like traditional AV. So its impact on the OS and its various applications is transparent to both the user and machine. Performance-wise it uses between ~20mb and ~60mb of RAM (depending on policy) and operates at <1% CPU.
• Signatureless – it does not rely on pre-defined signatures at all. Instead all files are calculated and compared against a series of probability models to determine if it is good or bad. This also means there are no regular DAT file downloads and system rescans to compare the system files against newly added signatures. Instead we update our models quarterly, which drastically lowers the operational maintenance costs and likelihood of error. The models also future proof the system against attacks that have yet to be seen.
• Memory Defense – We use memory defense to protect the system against commonly used memory-only exploits that allow attackers to escalate privilege or establish a greater foothold into the operating system often attacked through compromised web sites.
• Flexible – CylancePROTECT can coexist with other solutions already present on the machine, including: AV, EMET, ASLR, HIPS, FW, Whitelist apps, etc. Management happens in the cloud, which allows endpoints to report in (to receive policy, upload new samples and report back findings) whenever they are online
• Easy to Use – The product deploys easily via simple download or MSI but is maintained via the cloud (for upgrades). Optionally, it can be deployed in a hidden mode, which does not allow the user to see any signs of it on their machine or receive prompts if unsafe files are detected.
CylancePROTECT System Requirements
Operating Systems Supported:
Windows XP SP3
Windows 7 (32-bit or 64-bit)
Windows 8 and 8.1 (32-bit or 64-bit)
Windows 10 (32-bit or 64-bit) – Agent 1310+
Windows Server 2003 SP2 (32-bit or 64-bit)
Windows Server 2008
Windows Server 2012
Mac OS X 10.9
Mac OS X 10.10
Mac OS X 10.11 – Agent 1310+
For more information on the Mac OSX Agent, see CylancePROTECT Agent for Mac OSX.
Additional Requirements for Networks:
.NET Framework 3.5 SP1 or higher
Internet connection to register the product.
CylancePROTECT Agent for Max OSX
CylancePROTECT Mac OSX Agent – supported for OS X 10.10 (Yosemite) and 10.9 (Mavericks) and OS X 10.11 (El Capitan). The Mac agent will maintain feature-parity with the Windows agent with the exception of the following limitations:
• No Local Model
• No Detailed Threat Data available for threats on the Console
• No support for case-sensitive file systems (default configuration for OSX)
• No support for Disconnected Mode feature
• No support for Application Control feature
All normal applications, processes, and scheduled tasks have had a chance to run at least once. Monitor the device(s) for any exploit attempts logged by legitimate applications and create exclusions as necessary. Once you’re sure that no normal processes will trigger exploit attempts, change Memory Protection from Alert to Block mode. At this point, your systems should be fully protected from any malicious applications and activity.